And we’re CLOSED! Thanks so much for joining in the battle. Judge Dan Radmacher’s decision will post Saturday afternoon.
Yesterday was Independence Day in the United States. Gets a dragon thinking Big Thoughts about freedom and independence and courage and heroism (and, obviously, that most patriotic of themes, the barbeque). What is worth fighting for? What is courage? What makes a hero? We thought it would be a worthwhile challenge exploring those themes for Round 31. These, and of course Mayhem and Utter Desolation.
(Here are your contest guidelines).
Art thou ready, worthy competitors? Then GO!
* Word limit: 200-word story (5-word leeway on either side) based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (between 195-205 words, exclusive of title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday’s on New York time)
* Winners: will post tomorrow (Saturday)
* Prize: A valiant e-trophy e-dragon e-badge, a courageously designed page for you here at FF, a fearless 60-second interview feature next Wednesday, and YOUR NAME on the Flash! Friday Heroic Wall of Heroic Heroes. NOTE: Winning and non-winning stories alike remain eligible for selection for Monday’s Flash Points.
* Follow @FlashFridayFic on Twitter for up-to-date news/announcements/tips on what to pack for heroic journeys. And now for your prompt: