CLOSED! Thanks to everyone for coming out to help dear Mlle Mona with her tale. Judge’s results will post Saturday afternoon.
I just can’t stop myself.
It was such fun last week with all the stories reimagining the Lady of Shallot’s tragic tale, I wanted to see what you maniacs would do with the ultimate Queen of the Clandestine, La Gioconda herself. She knows something, right? What does she know? Why is she grinning in that maddening fashion? This week’s the time and place to spill her deepest secrets.
(Here are your contest guidelines).
Let’s synchronize our watches…. now GO!
* Word limit: 150-word story (25-word leeway on either side) based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (between 125-175 words, exclusive of title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday’s on Langley time)
* Winners: will post tomorrow (Saturday)
* Prize: A black-market-worthy e-trophy e-dragon e-badge, a covertly personalized page here at FF, a dastardly ingenious 60-second interview feature next Wednesday, and YOUR NAME in glowing Kryptonite across the shoulders of the world (so to speak). NOTE: Winning and non-winning stories alike remain eligible for selection for Monday’s Flash Points.
* Follow @FlashFridayFic on Twitter for up-to-date news/announcements/secret dragon decoder rings. And now for your prompt: