Flash! Friday # 28 is now closed. Thanks as ever, dear ones, for coming by to write a bit with us! Results are now in the hands of the judge & will be posted Saturday afternoon. Thank you!
Welcome to #FlashFridayFic Round 28! After following a lost boy and lost man these past two weeks, I thought it only fair to offer up a lost lady this time. Many of you will no doubt recognize this stunning painting by John William Waterhouse, which has long been among my favorites. She is, of course, Tennyson’s Lady of Shallot, whose glance at Camelot ultimately cost her her life. But in defiance of Tennyson I say, Let’s dare give this chick a brand new story!!!
(Here are the contest guidelines).
HERE WE GO!
* Word limit: 100-word story (zero leeway: 100 words exactly) based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (100 words exactly, exclusive of title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday’s on Harper’s Ferry time)
* Winners: will post tomorrow (Saturday)
* Prize: A tragically beautiful e-trophy e-dragon e-badge, a haunting, personalized page here at FF, a historically questionable 60-second interview feature next Wednesday, and YOUR NAME inscribed in stone for the ages (so to speak). NOTE: Winning and non-winning stories alike remain eligible for selection for Monday’s Flash Points.
* Follow @FlashFridayFic on Twitter for up-to-date news/announcements/dragon haiku. And now for your prompt: