Flash Friday # 27 is now closed. Thank you for playing! The decision rests with our lovely judge, Patricia. Results will be posted late in the day Saturday, Nashville time.
Howdy, young (and other) whippersnappers, and welcome to #FlashFridayFic Round 27! Last week our photo star was a lost boy; today we’ve got a lost man. Well, perhaps he’s not lost. Perhaps he knows exactly where he’s going in that tub (though is it seaworthy? have the Coast Guard been notified?? has he stopped anywhere to ask for directions???). We here in the Lair look forward with great interest to the various and sundry adventures/mishaps you plan for our, um, “sailor.” (Here are your marine guidelines).
LEZ DO IT!
* Word limit: 100-word story (5-word leeway on either side) based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (between 95-105 words, exclusive of title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday’s on Daytona Beach time)
* Winners: will post tomorrow (Saturday)
* Prize: A simply smashing e-trophy e-dragon e-badge, a cartographically personalized page here at FF, a magnificent yet nail-biting 60-second interview feature next Wednesday, and YOUR NAME splashed across the seas (so to speak). NOTE: Winning and non-winning stories alike remain eligible for selection for Monday’s Flash Points.
* Follow @FlashFridayFic on Twitter for up-to-date news/announcements/dragon map reading tips. And now for your prompt: