Ten answers to ten questions in 20 words or fewer. That’s less time than it takes to burn a match*.
(*Depending on the length of the match and your tolerance for burned fingers, obviously)
1) What about the prompt inspired you to write your winning piece? I wondered who was behind the camera, and took it from there.
2) How long have you been writing flash? Since the beginning of January 2013; it was one of my New Year’s Resolutions!
3) What do you like about flash? I like the challenges the writing prompts present, and I like where they take me.
4) What flash advice would you give other writers? Try out lots of different challenges. Also, when you have that scene in your head–start typing.
5) Who is a writer we should follow, and why? Ah, so many to choose from! Take a look at Hypothetically Writing; his Volcano Rain series is good.
7) What other forms do you write (novels, poetry, articles, etc)? Haiku and occasionally other forms of poetry. I’ve yet to write a novel; maybe I’ll start with a novella first. 🙂
8) What is/are your favorite genre(s) to write, and why? Fantasy. It’s fun to write because it allows for lots of other genre conventions to be used.
9) Tell us about a WIP. I’ve started a series of flash stories called “Shrouded City,” which I plan to expand into a novella.
10) How do you feel about dragons? They’re awesome. I’ve been hooked on them since I watched The Flight of Dragons as a kid.