Ten answers to ten questions in 20 words or fewer. That’s less time than it takes to burn a match*.
(*Depending on the length of the match and your tolerance for burned fingers, obviously)
Our latest Flash! Friday winner is Betsy Streeter. Read her winning story here, then take one minute to get to know her better. Though since this is her SECOND win, that should probably be “betterer.” (Read her first interview here.)
1) What about the prompt inspired you to write your winning piece? I have two kids. Enough said.
2) How is your writing going? Great. I make comics too, so it’s a pretty varied existence. Write, draw, repeat.
3) What is a “must have” when you are writing? At the appropriate times, either loud music or silence.
4) What is your writing process like? Get out of bed, write. Oh, wait. Get kids to school, write. Several projects at once.
5) How do you combat writer’s block? Know the daily rhythms. I wake up with tons of stuff in my head, so the key is getting it out.
7) What was the toughest criticism you’ve been given? Anytime anyone appears bored.
9) Who is your favorite superhero/scifi character, and why? I was crazy about Spock growing up. I love Trinity from the Matrix. I go for smart badasses.
10) What do you admire most about dragons? That they can take on almost any role in a story and get away with it.