Flash! Friday Round 23 is now closed. Even the courageous circus kids were no match for your creative storytelling! Thank you so much for coming out to play. Of course, please do read & comment on the stories–your input is such an encouragement to all these fine writers. The judge’s results will post late in the day Saturday ET. See you then!
Welcome to #FlashFridayFic Round 23! Here in the U.S. it’s Mothers’ Day weekend, in which we mommies force our families to make (or take us to) dinner. While purportedly it’s to honor us, the real reason (as any mother would affirm) is to ensure the dear savages actually know how to do this before being lovingly flung from the nest.
And so in honor of Mothers’ Day, I offer up two sweet children. (No, not mine, though thank you for asking.) Let your tales be your tribute, whether it’s the I-love-my-mommy sort of tribute or the kind that comes with threats of armies surrounding your city and cutting off your water supply. Have fun! or not, of course, as you wish. (As ever, here are the guidelines).
Counting down from 3…. 2…. 1….
* Word limit: 200-word story based on the photo prompt. Ten words’ grace on either side, because mothers are nice that way.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (190-210 words, exclusive of title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday’s on Baltimore time)
* Winners: will post tomorrow (Saturday)
* Prize: A loving, e-trophy e-dragon e-badge, a heart-warming original winner’s page here at FF, a magnificently maternal 60-second interview feature next Wednesday, and YOUR NAME piped in pink frosting across eight dozen cookies (at least emotionally speaking). NOTE: Winning and non-winning stories alike remain eligible for selection for Monday’s Flash Points.
* Follow @FlashFridayFic on Twitter for up-to-date news/announcements/tips for making a mother dragon happy. And now for your prompt: