This contest is now closed to entries–but is always open to comments/feedback. Go crazy encouraging each other–your comments make a big difference! Thanks to everyone for coming out to play today. The decision by judge Anthony Marchese will be posted tomorrow (Saturday).
Welcome to #FlashFridayFic Round 18, oh my dears, and Happy Anniversary, Pocahontas–married 399 years ago today! (Got a hankering for contest rules?) We’ve been awfully grim these past few weeks, and I’m in the mood today for a spot of adventure. I’m thinking Jules Verne. Butch Cassidy. Indy Jones. Aliens. After all, who knows what (or who) lurks round these rocks! Round 18’s judgeroffity is provided by clever thespian and SVW member Anthony Marchese, who’s taking his first turn at bat today (make him work for it).
And now (wake up!) it’s contest time.
* Word limit: 200-word story (10 words’ grace) based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (190 – 210 words, exclusive of title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight
* Winners: will post tomorrow (Saturday)
* Prize: A top-of-the-line e-trophy e-dragon e-badge, your own fancy pants winner’s page here at FF, a 60-second interview feature next Wednesday, and YOUR NAME SKY-WRITTEN ACROSS THE GLOBE (poetically speaking). NOTE: Winning and non-winning stories alike remain eligible for selection for Monday’s Flash Points.
* Follow @FlashFridayFic on Twitter for up-to-date news/announcements/dragon baby naming guides. And now for your prompt: