This contest is now closed to entries–but is always open to comments/feedback. Go nuts encouraging each other! Thanks to everyone for coming out to play on this Good Friday. The decision by judge Maggie Duncan will be posted tomorrow (Saturday).
Welcome to Flash! Friday (#FlashFridayFic) Round 17, oh wondrous dragonlings! (Crave contest rules?) Our photo is inspired by today’s celebration of Good Friday, as Christians all over the world mark the sacrifice of the ultimate Innocent. Round 17’s judgeworkery is provided by our exceedingly excellent SVW member Maggie Duncan, who has looked previous Flash! Friday contests in the eye yet lived to see another day.
And now it’s time for today’s contest.
* Word limit: 200-word story (10 words’ grace) based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (190- 210 words, exclusive of title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight
* Winners: will post tomorrow (Saturday)
* Prize: An proudly dragonish e-trophy badge, your own super duper winner’s page here at FF, a 60-second interview feature next Wednesday, and YOUR NAME SHOUTED FROM THE ROOFTOPS OF THE WORLD (or at least as many as we can manage, metaphorically*). NOTE: Winning and non-winning stories alike remain eligible for selection for Monday’s Flash Points.
* Follow @FlashFridayFic on Twitter for up-to-date news/announcements/dragon birthday gift suggestions. And now for your prompt:
And now: WRITE, oh clever ones, WRITE!
* Though I might actually do this, myself, just because I love you.